Cornwall
Just home from a long weekend in Cornwall. Lucy and I left Paris early on Friday, a 6am start, and were in Falmouth by lunchtime, which isn't bad at all (especially as FlyBe are still using propeller planes to run the route!). We met up with Lucy's brother, Rob, picked up a Cornish pasty and went to see the new place that he and Kate have just bought. An amazing flat overlooking Falmouth and the bay. Afterwards we went for a meal, then Rob, Lucy's dad and I went to The Quayside pub (which set the precedent for the rest of the weekend).
On Saturday we went for a wander around Truro, where I discovered they have a Fopp Records. I used to go to Fopp in London all the time and so I went a bit crazy and ended up spending £99 on CDs and DVDs. Most of them were only £5 so it was difficult not to buy them! Then we retired back to Falmouth for a look around the shops, ending up in The Quayside and going for takeaway fish and chips from Harbour Lights. Saturday evening Lucy and I met up with an old friend of mine, Steve, who's living in Newquay now. He and his girlfriend travelled over to Falmouth and we met up with them in The Quayside. It was good to catch up with Steve and talk about old times. Hopefully he's coming out to Paris sometime so I can show him around my neighbourhood too.
On Sunday some of Lucy's family came over to visit, so we had a late breakfast with them, then out for a roast lunch and took a walk up to Rob and Kate's place to hang out for the afternoon and evening.
Monday afternoon Lucy and I made our way back to Exeter to catch our flight, but as we had some time on our hands and the weather was against us, we made a couple of detours through Dartmoor and it's many pubs. We still ended up getting to Exeter airport with time to spare and ended up getting home to Paris around 9:30pm. Fun times.





