Serge Gainsbourg/Karl Lagerfeld
I was working just around the corner from this building today, so thought it'd take a quick panoramic of it. I pass it all the time in the van, but never have enough time to take a photo. It's the house of famous French musician Serge Gainsbourg.
Much like Abbey Road Studios in London for the Beatles, the wall in front of the house is covered in graffiti for Serge. I heard that there were plans to open the house as a museum to him and his music but that they couldn't get permission because the house is not big enough to to accommodate the demand and would be unsafe!
Whilst at work I almost bumped into Karl Lagerfeld, twice! He was visiting an exhibition space downstairs from the apartments we were working in. He rolled up in the most ridiculous Hummer (which probably doesn't even fit down half of the streets in Paris) with huge alloy wheels, milled about the space for a bit and then was off again.

