« Home | Brother Phil » | Art? » | The Railways Executive » | Fete de la Musique » | Father's Day » | Cheers Bartok » | Skatepark night » | Lake Annecy » | Fête des Mères » | Le Cyklop returns! » 

Sunday, July 11, 2010 

Berlin

Just back from a whistle-stop drive to Berlin to see a client at the Bread & Butter show. It was a leisurely day and a half to get there with a breakneck straight drive back through the night. I didn't really see anything of Berlin, so these two photos sum up my time there.


What I did see was the old Tempelhoff Airport, which was good enough for me as I've read, seen and heard about it before. The place is huge and even though it no longer an airport, all the original fixtures and fittings are still there. The building is huge (over a kilometre long) with all the old hangers now being used for exhibition spaces. I tried to patch together a panoramic of it, but it's so big that you can't really see the curve of the building from it.

The old ticket hall is now used for registration, but the old baggage carousel was still operating and being used to push out free promotional bags. Anyways, after much messing around and complete dis-organisation I ended up back in Paris with 2100km behind me and a desire to go back and see more of Berlin.