« Home | Goodbye Landscape » | Nice and Lazy » | Photo heavy post. » | l'Autobus cafe » | canal beers » | Monday Monday » | Boules and skateboarding » | First weekend in a long time » | Pies and beans » | Quiet days in Saint Ambroise » 

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 

Marathon!

Today started off reasonably normal. I was out driving around Paris with Hervé picking up and dropping off various bits and pieces. Lunch was outside the Pantheon, which is a bit like St.Paul's cathedral.

Everything seemed to be going quite nicely......then I got a call from the office and they somehow talked/roped me into driving a truck back to London in the evening, but they wanted us to finished the job we were doing first. So we managed to drop a mirror that we were collecting (some 5 figure value apparently!!), then we ended up on a really rubbish job moving loads of little bits and pieces around, which took forever. Around 5:30 we headed back to the warehouse, unloaded the van and then loaded it back up for me to take to London.
I got home around 7pm, had some dinner with Lucy and then headed off to London at 9pm!!


It's all a bit of a blur!

Everything went pretty well until I reached the M20 coming out of Dover and discovered that the junction for the M25 was actually closed for 6 nights. Not the best news at 2am when you've been driving for 5 hours. I eventually got back to my parents house around 3am local time, although it was actually 4am for me (French time). I got my head down for 4 hours and woke up at 7am to drive the van to Twickenham.