« Home | A new Newton is upon us » | Home again » | On the road... » | More shoes » | More Bingo » | Le novelle vague. Too busy for me. » | Nozbone Listen Skateboards premiere » | au revoir Pat and Laura » | Warehouse. The last days. » | Vans/canal » 

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 

A mere flesh wound!

After work this evening I went for a skate with Jean-marc at Jemmapes skatepark. We skated for a couple of hours, but on my this-is-my-last-trick I got pitched off my board and hit my head on the floor.


Jean-marc called the Pompiers who whisked me off to hospital where the doctor put 7 staples into the back of my head to pull the skin back together again. Jean-Marc was laughing that my attitude and calm during the whole thing was a bit like the knight in the Monty Python sketch who tries to carry on fighting even after losing all of his limbs. He also put it down to the English reserve of not wanting to cause anyone any trouble.

Here's a couple of photos of the damage. It's weird, because I can't see the thing myself, so I've had to get Lucy to take photos so I can see what's going on. I feel sorry for her!
DO NOT CLICK ON THESE PHOTOS IF YOU ARE AT ALL SQUEAMISH.


The last one is after we managed to clean most of the blood out of my hair, so it looks a little less of a mess.
The whole experience has been a bit strange. I didn't really feel like I hit my head "that" hard, it didn't really hurt that much and the worst part of the whole thing was having the staples put in.

That Bald spot is nearly as big as mine Dude - Hope it didn't hurt tooo much!
Gbs

Is the floor damaged at all?
Rob

Damn Chas, gnarly! Glad you're alright man.

Chas mate, the photoshop version looks gnarlier than the real thing!

Nice T-shirt!

Post a Comment