« Home | Barcelona 4 » | Barcelona 3 » | Barcelona 2 » | Barcelona 1 » | Underground Project Part 7 » | Fos » | Feeding the birds » | FIP fm » | Goodbye Pat & Laura » | Chantilly » 

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 

Barcelona 5

And so it was time for us to leave Barcelona and our home for the past couple of days, the Hotel California (cue The Eagles song!). We had a great time wandering about the city and catching up with friends. In a way, it didn't feel like a holiday, more like we were part of the everyday flow of the city and not so much a tourist. I feel that our life in Paris is similar really, in that every weekend still has a bit of a holiday feel to it, even though it is home.
One last surprise for me was that as we arrived at Barcelona airport to catch our flight I spotted someone who I'd met when they'd been visiting London several years ago and who I knew Ollie was supposed to be meeting to shoot photos with over the coming week. I called up Ollie to discover that he was already on his way back to the city with some other people he was looking after and hadn't managed to meet up with Pete, who was on a seperate flight from everyone else. Luckily I was able to help them both out and organise their meeting. Quite bizarre to bump into someone like that and I guess that help solidify for me that way in which is wasn't a holiday in the traditional sense, but it was a great couple of days all the same.