Scanned photos (Australia)
When I scanned the photos of my first trip to Barcelona from my photobox, I came across all my photos from my year long trip in 99/00.
Here's a couple that I was pretty stoked on.

A close-up of Sydney Opera House and Todd Webster at Gungalan, ACT skatepark. I think I commented at the time that the Opera house looked like a lot of kitchen tiles stuck together.


The '76 Ford Falcon 4.1 litre that Grill and I bought. I wish I had a photo of the car when I left Australia. It was covered in skate stickers, had 11 outstanding parking tickets in Melbourne, a speeding fine in South Australia and a red light fine in the Northern Territories (none of which caught up with us as it was registered in the ACT), had driven around half of Australia, been broken into on returning to Sydney and the day I left it with Grill we lost the petrol cap. We sold it to the our friend, Gus, who hosted us in Canberra for about a month having only met us that day. He got married this week in Australia and Grill is out there for the wedding. Last I heard about the car was one of Gus' housemates borrowed it and wrapped it around a tree.

Sunset over the mountains in the Grampians in South Australia, where we spend 5 days hiking and camping, and me at the helm of the boat that we sailed around the Whitsunday Islands off the east coast for a couple of days.
My APS Canon Ixus also had a panoramic setting, so here is a Melbourne sunset. If you enlarge the photo you should be able to make out the "high rise" buildings of central Melbourne in the middle of the picture.
We spent a couple of days diving off the Great Barrier Reef. We just spent time exploring the reef, sunbathing and watching sunsets like this.


Loving these photos and stoked on the car. Should have shipped her back home!
Posted by
Paul Gonella |
23/3/08 9:20 am