Bands
A while back I got to see Mogwai play again in Paris. Last time was at the Rock en Seine festival, so I was looking forward to hearing them play a regular kind of venue in the Casino de Paris.
It was good to see them, although I'm not as into the new album as some of their previous ones and it didn't seem to be as loud as the festival, but I think there is a noise restriction on a lot of venues here in Paris, as they're often surrounded by apartments.
I took the time to reel off a couple of panoramics from my phone,
and was stoked that I managed to grab the set-list at the end too.
On the way home I shot another pano of Église de la Sainte-Trinité de Paris
More recently Scott and I went to see Magnolia Electric Co play down at Bastille. I've been a big fan of Jason Molina since he was Songs:Ohia, so it was cool to finally get to see him play in person (and having just checked the website, he's playing here again next month in collaboration with Will Johnson).
I'm get getting tickets to that as soon as possible.











Very cool, Chas. I'd like to see Mogwai some time.
Posted by
David |
1/11/09 4:13 pm