« Home | Home » | Au revoir Collioure » | Lazy day » | Barcelona » | Fireworks!!!! » | Wash out » | Ship ahoy! » | boule » | "Holiday! Celebrate!" » | au revoir! » 

Monday, August 21, 2006 

Back to work

First day back at work after the holiday, and it wasn't too bad. I'm not saying that I'm used to getting up at 6:45am every day, but I'm coping with it.
An articulated lorry with a 40ft container turned up today. Some designer who's moving from NY to Paris. It's funny to see that they're paying premium price to have everything shipped here, including boxes of coat hangers etc. Surely it must be cheaper to ditch the old ones and buy new ones in Paris? Maybe they were just being ecological about it, although one of the guys said that when he was packing up another house in NY the client asked if you could buy trash cans in Paris!!
We had the lorry emptied in about an hour, which isn't bad. Another lorry was supposed to turn up this afternoon, but it didn't show.