« Home | Back to work » | Home » | Au revoir Collioure » | Lazy day » | Barcelona » | Fireworks!!!! » | Wash out » | Ship ahoy! » | boule » | "Holiday! Celebrate!" » 

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 

Fire!

So, it turns out that the reason the lorry didn't turn up at the warehouse yesterday is because it either caught fire, or was involved in the fire that took place in the Eurotunnel yesterday!
Click here for the BBC story
As we were a bit quiet, due to the lack of lorry, I ended up going out to a couple of places around Paris, firstly to drop off some packages at one antique dealer and then picking up at a lighting shop and an auction house. I think I'm going to be doing more of this kind of stuff in the future. Back to the warehouse for lunch and then an emergency packing of one of the small Luton vans so that some of the more urgent packages could go out, even though we didn't have the lorry, which had burnt out in the Eurotunnel.
When I left, one of the office guys was still at the police station in Calais trying to negotiate the release of the driver of the lorry, who the French police/customs were holding on the grounds of a suspected terrorist attack! I think they were about to let him go because the guy driving the Luton van back to London was planning on picking him up on the way through.
I guess I'll find out more tomorrow!

Pack-tastic! The Luton van is good to go!