« Home | A day of it » | Steven Segal? » | Fire! » | Back to work » | Home » | Au revoir Collioure » | Lazy day » | Barcelona » | Fireworks!!!! » | Wash out » 

Friday, August 25, 2006 

Flu

Paul and I got picked up again and over to the Twickenham warehouse. I knew it was going to be pretty boring today, as we didn't have anything planned, and the cold/flu that I've been trying to shake for the past couple of days has really kicked in. As it was, Paul had a Eurostar to catch at 2pm, so he wangled his way into going into town to deliver some bits and pieces, and then going straight to the Eurostar terminal. I was left to hang around and did a bit of work in the mill, cutting up stuff. That only lasted for a little while though which was cool because all the guys there smoke like troopers, which isn't great when you've got a bad throat, and spend all their tea breaks reading the Daily Star or Daily Sport. It was kind of depressing, although the guys were a good laugh and pretty cool.
After I was done in the mill they go me out on one of the trucks, with a driver, just so I could follow where they went and what they got up to. We made one delivery in Queen's Gate, right next to the Natural History Museum and then picked up a couple of pieces. It was weird to be going all over West London and taking the roads that I know so well, but it's not my home anymore. It made me feel a bit disorientated.
After all the driving around, my plan was to try to get out of work as quickly as possible, but the guy I was with had forgotten to drop some money off to someone and we had to drive all the way back into town. By the time we got back I was feeling pretty crappy and no one was willing to give me a lift to the train station, which wasn't ideal. My original plan was to go visit French tonight and stay at his place, then come back to Twickenham Saturday morning, pick up the van and drive to my parent's place to the night but the thought of having to do all that and drag my bags with me was too much, so I picked up the keys and just drove straight to my parent's place and chilled for the evening to try and get over the flu.