« Home | Nice view » | RSS geek out » | Move it! » | Back in Paris » | On the road again! » | Farnham » | Flu » | A day of it » | Steven Segal? » | Fire! » 

Thursday, August 31, 2006 

Quiet day

After the drinks last night quite a few people didn't make it into work today. As the day went on more and more stories about what had gone on the night before came out, making me glad that Lucy and I ducked out early.
One of the office guys, Kieran, turned up with 16 egg McMuffins for everyone. I ended up eating 3 of them! It's been a while since I've had McDonalds, but the breakfast is good to munch on.
I spent most of the day helping to put together crates that had been flatpacked and waterproofing the insides of them. I also got to work in the mill for a bit, where all the wood is cut and shaped. I took a photo of the wall in the mill, which is full of pictures collected from various lads mags and I thought it was funny, because the one in London had exactly the same thing. But I thought the material wasn't quite the sort of thing to put on my blog! I also got to mess around with various staple guns and nail guns, which was nice. The reason we were crating stuff rather than just wrapping it, was because all the furniture is worth a lot of money (2 chairs and a sofa for €1million, anyone?) and it's for someone's personal museum, so the crate means that they can open the crate see how the furniture works in the room and repackage it if they're not happy with it.
In the evening Lucy and I just chilled at home and watched Napoleon Dynamite.

"What? Bollocks. I dont eat Mac Donalds!"
-Chris, September 2005 on the way to Heathrow

Post a Comment