lomography
More rain again today, although not as bad as yesterday but enough to keep me busy editing the last of the warehouse footage. Here's the second to last section. It was all shot in one day. Just Julian and I skating.
I had to delete the Matt Weir section from the previous post because I'd exceeded my upload limit on vimeo, so the last section will have to wait until Sunday, when my limit is reset. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.
I got to thinking about some of the other things that happened at the warehouse, like where did all the wood come from. I remember someone donating the wood from their mini-ramp (maybe some guy called "Jalopy"?) and driving back with Rich in his car trying to hold about 6 sheets of plywood down to the roof whilst they acted like a giant wing trying to take-off. Some of the other bits came from building sites and skips. Driving back in Grill's combi van with the back doors open, wood hanging out and me and French (maybe) forcing the wood down so it wouldn't fly out the back of the van.
And then there were the struts that were used to support the ramps. Most of them came from the building next door, where some of the guys we knew from the pub who were up for building something, tied themselves to the rafters using some old rope and jumped up and down on the false ceiling until it collapsed!
I'm sure there's a bunch of other good stories.....anyone?
Bingo sent me this photo today, taken with his lomo camera while he was here last week. I'm tempted to buy one of their cameras. Bingo is using the SuperSampler, but I'm thinking about getting the Holga, maybe.
This evening we went over to Benjamin and Maria's place for dinner with Pat and Laura. Maria cooked up an amazing paella for us. Gato looked happy to be home too.

